Where's Derpy? Where's Derpy?

I'm OK with this one. Pretty looking and accompanied by a relaxing "clock is ticking" kind of tune. The muffins as a bonus point are a nice touch. The only points i'm going to have to take off are for the less original parts of the game (pictures taken from already existing scenes and all), but other than that i actually enjoyed this game.

Story of the Blanks Story of the Blanks

Loved it! The retro console getup always gets me. In fact, it allows for a much creepier mood. Pixels and text dialogue allow room for imagination, making the story a lot scarier than it is. Simple controls, old school adventure RPG gameplay and ponies. What's not to like?

Rock Rush: Classic I Rock Rush: Classic I

Loved every moment of it. The game looks and plays like a classic pixel game and i love the Commodore 64 loading screen getup. The 'Nyan' language selection gag made me laugh pretty hard, too. The game concept is obviously not 100% original, but the game is really well developed and bug-free by the looks of it (at least, i haven't hit any yet). I'll definetely be coming back to kill some more time on this. Keep churning out more games!

Elevatorz Blitz Elevatorz Blitz

Not bad. Not bad at all. It looks pretty, it's challenging and it reminds me of Elevator Action from the NES for some reason. The only thing that bothered me slightly was not being able to stop the character dead in its tracks. Then again that just adds to challenge factor, so it's not all that bad.
Keep up the good work!

SmileyGamer responds:

Thanks! Being able to stop would remove the whole challenge. The key is good timing and reflexes! :)

Plumma Plumma

Not a bad effort...

This reminds me of the old "Sokoban" games (help the burglar get the bags of money by pushing them out to the exit one by one, so on, so on).

Because the toon has to move in a diagonal direction pretty much all of the time i would have a suggestion to improve gameplay:

Get your keypad and use 7, 9, 1 and 3 to move the character around instead of the arrow keys. It's a minor change to code for the better. It'll confuse a lot less players and it'll be something different from using the same old arrow keys to move around.

d4rkst0n3 responds:

Thanks, I'll add that to my list of improvements :)

MORC 4 - sidewalk slow MORC 4 - sidewalk slow

Sorry...

But this doesn't make the cut as a game. Sure, i understand what it's supposed to be, But all you have in there is three switches that turn music samples on and off. It's rather boring since once you do that there's nothing to it. The buttons haven't got much of a design either, making your presentation graphically unappealing. The buttons should've been bigger and this submission should've been overall more fun.

Add more to it and try resubmitting it again.

phoenixdk responds:

By saying this doesn't cut it as a game, you are also saying that you *don't* understand what it's supposed to be. I hate to sound like an overly defensive ass, but this is NOT A GAME. It does not have goals you can achieve, nor does it present any sort of challenge. NOT a game.
It's a song, somewhat randomly generated, and infinite in duration. I made it like this because the traditional compact disc form of presenting music doesn't allow for infinite songs.
I would argue that songs aren't necessarily made to be "fun", but a different kind of enjoyment. Would you describe an album as "fun", and does an album have to be fun to be good? I suppose all of this should have been made clearer in the description.

Replay Racer Replay Racer

Well Done

The game runs smoothly. To the user before me: get yourself a better machine, or degrade the quality to make it go faster. Perhaps you might like it better.

I see you have your own little business going. Good luck with that.

Keep it up!

Turret Defence Turret Defence

Excellent game.

I went through the whole lot. The instructions, the gameplay, the graphics, the sounds, everything... I'd say you explored every little corner to get this game done right.

Keep it up. Looking forward to a later release!

Splurgle's NG guide Splurgle's NG guide

A utility rather than a cartoon or a game.

Sounds original enough to me. I'd say you covered every point as extensively as you could. Looks like you left no secret covered up by the time i was done reading the whole lot. Well made, but the graphics could do with a bit more styling. The layout is way too similar to the standard Newgrounds layout. Perhaps you should've made buttons and transitions from one chapter to the other all more interesting. You risk boring the users, otherwise it's a pretty informative piece of work and it should be taken into consideration by everyone. Even those who know all there is to know about the Newgrounds system.

Keep it up and i'm looking forward to seeing "Madness Elimination". If all goes well you'll be in direct competition with Krinkels. But you know that, don't you?

See ya!

Splurgle responds:

Yay! :) Yeah, I know I'm gonna be in direct competition with Krinkels. :D

Slit Your Wrists! Slit Your Wrists!

Sick and twisted...

I hat4e to agree with some of the past reviewers, but this game kind of made me sick...

On the other hand it was well done and it conveys a nasty but truthful message. The gameplay is intensified by the fact that i gotta watch my own wrists in the game being cut by razor blades falling down the screen or healed by band aids... Sometimes i don't know which would be best...

Anyway, not badly done. Keep it up but please, next time choose a nicer message for the audiences.